Sunday, November 29, 2015

How to: Time travel

Time traveling in Farmville 2 refers to changing your device's time settings so that you can harvest crops, craft items, and collect items found by your Helping Hands without having to wait the usual preparation time. However, you must be very careful because if you make an error the harvesting, crafting, and foraging time required will actually increase by a full day or more- yikes!

STEPS
1. Send Helping Hands to the desired foraging spot or prized animal. Add ingredients to workshops for items you are crafting. Make sure all of your crops are watered.

2. Exit the game and change your device's time settings to a future time that is the same or longer than what is required for your desired crop, item, or Helping Hand (i.e. 2 hours ahead for the Merryweather Mine). I usually keep it simple by just changing the date to the next day (i.e. a full 24 hours), so that I don't have to keep track of the different time requirements, and so I know everything will be ready.

3. Go back to your farm. You can collect the items found by your Helping Hands. However, DO NOT send Helping Hands out again. DO NOT collect any items from crops, animals, or workshops. DO NOT make any purchases from the Globe. DO NOT spin the Prize Wheel. Basically, don't touch anything outside of collecting items from Helping Hands. Doing so during this step will significantly increase the harvest time when you change back your time settings.

4. Exit the game and change your device's time settings back to the correct time.

5. Return to your farm. All of your crops and items should be ready. It is now safe to harvest them, to spin the Prize Wheel, etc. Repeat steps 1-4 as desired.


TIPS
*If you have the space, store plenty of the 'Supplies Needed' by your Helping Hands to complete their work. This way your Helping Hands can time travel several times in a row.


That's it folks! Time traveling can be a bit tedious but sometimes it really is worth it. Again, please share any additional tips in the comments, and let me know if you have any requests for future posts.


Good luck and happy farming!

8 comments:

  1. I collected crops while I changed the time, is there any way I can fix the issue??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I time traveled for the first time before I read this post. I messed up several of my crops, but earned enough speed seed to fix everything. The only thing I can't fix is my friend fertilizer timer. I will not have any more to give for 200+ days. Is there any way to fix this? I was logging out of the game and setting the time forward for 30+ days at a time. You get 100 keys and 5 speed seed each time so it was worth it, but it bugs me that I can't fix the friend fertilizer timer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have a helping hand for example for just a few days and I change the date with 30 days and then change back, he will disappear, or return?

      Delete
  3. I have done the time travel several times but only got the keys and other goodies on the first time I did it. I even went ahead 6 months and still no goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Zynga has done something about this cheat. I've been doing it for close to a year now and it just now worked again for the first time in months. It's back to not working again :(

      Delete
  4. I messed up the time travel. Fixed my crops but mariner and plane still say it could take a very very long time to return! Any way to fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better you don't time travel to future, but to past. Change the time backward and send farmhands, then change time to present and collect items.

    You can get crops also this way. Collect desired crops and don't water it. Then change time backward and water the crops. Then change time to present. You can get crops are ready. Making goods are also easy this same way.

    If you have enough items to complete eddie order, before sell items change the time backward and sell the items and collect the stamp and rewards, then change time to present, you can see the eddie will be ready to next order and no need to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can I fixed Eddie departure time if it is messed up by the time cheat.

    ReplyDelete